Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Winds Are Back!

At gusts of 35 knots.

This is the varsity sailing. I was happy to have my seat on the 50-yard line.

I wasn't close enough to get this shot from my vantage point on the beach and breakwater. I was fortunate enough to keep my camera dry while I retrieved my crazed Doberwoman, Ballou.

Ballou goes completely bat-shit-crazy when she sees kite-boarders. Yesterday, she jumped out of my car and instantly became a crazed and alien monster half a kilo down the beach. The boarders, thinking such a beast would be dragging them out of the water and destroying their expensive rigs, started yelling epithets at me as soon as they identified me as the hapless dog owner. However, they were in no danger: Ballou only swims in horizontal water. And it didn't matter what smack they yelled at me cause you can't hear jack in 30+ knots of wind & surf.

I'm just glad the laws didn't show up.